Continuous maintenance of planning and plans
IT DR and service continuity plans can be drawn up in accordance with objectives for one or more systems, infrastructures, services, and system components, as required by the company’s modelling practice.
Special abilities of the designer function:
- Graphic drafting table: Compile the scope of your IT plan on a visual operational/dependency drafting table, supplemented with simulation functions.
- Emergency actions: Recovery and continuity actions to be executed in emergencies can be drawn up in the breakdown and with the level of detail required by your targets.
- Emergency scenarios: Scenarios are defined emergency or risk events, or emergency recovery methods, to which the manner of executing the emergency action plan can be assigned; scenarios are also supported by the Critical Path – PERT illustration method.
- The software continuously monitors the ETR (Execution Time to Recovery) of the various scenarios, comparing them to recovery time objectives.
- Inventory levels: The BCM module can be used to keep records of and manage warehouse elements and reserves (hot/cold).
- Plan system and reusability: The plans can include cross-references to emergency actions and annexes. This allows the easy creation of type plans or systemized framework plans, with the ability to maintain the elements used by more than one plan in one location.
- Any annexes can be linked to plans (lists, general information, etc.).
- Preparatory actions: Preparatory actions can be defined for the elements of the plan, which actions have to be executed in standstill periods. These tasks can be managed with comprehensive task management functions supported with email notifications.
- Records of historical versions of review logs and plans: The plans are supported with review functions. The review plan versions are used to create historical records; the review plan versions can be viewed in a time machine-like manner, ensuring full audit compliance.
Plans as results: The end products of planning are the detailed IT DR action plans. The plans include the completed emergency actions categorized into scenarios and the preparatory actions necessary to ensure the functioning of the plans. The plans can be exported into Word format.
Continuous maintenance of plans: The software uses validation assessments to constantly monitor the state of the plans and to notify the persons responsible for the plan. The goal is to ensure the plans are functional in case of an emergency and to maintain their applicability:
- Logical errors in planning
- Relevant data changes in Inventory
- Monitoring recovery time objectives and comparing them to the capabilities in the plan
- The current status of preparatory actions effect the operability of the plan
- Review and test results